He was forced to fly back to the US earlier this month for surgery after injuring his hand.
And Johnny Depp’s broken wrist has left the filming schedule for the latest installment of Pirates Of The Caribbean up in the air as producers have had no choice but to scale back on shooting scenes.
It is believed around 400 crew members were told earlier this week that they will not be needed for at least another two weeks while they wait for the 51-year-old actor to return to set in Queensland.
A source told the Gold Coast Bulletin: ‘The film will be made and it will be made with Johnny. Everyone wants to get back to work as soon as possible.’
The Hollywood hunk reportedly snapped his wrist while go-karting on a private track at five-time MotoGP world champion Mick Doohan’s luxurious Coomera property on March 10.
Queensland police and ambulance services confirmed that they were not called to any incident regarding Mr Depp but didn’t rule out a possibility that he attended hospital on his own.