Suffering from stuffy nose is common among people, this condition causes a few problems like lack of sleep and wiping your nose every second.
It can cause a slow down in different activities, and thinking straight becomes a problem because your head is pounding.
The good news is that there are different home remedies to get rid of stuffy nose fast, without medication
1. The first thing you should avoid doing is blowing your nose when it is stuffy because there is nothing to expel, this will only make the congestion worse. And please using tissue is a no no
2. Try using steam to ease congestion, the moisture and heat from the steam will ease the inflammation and help you breath easier.
You can do this as often as you need to, running a humidifier constantly until you are feeling better.
* Try to take a steamy shower turn the temperature up, put a towel at the bottom of the bathroom door so that no steam escapes.
And if you don’t want to bath, simply get the shower going and inhale the steam as it fills the bathroom
* Inhale the steam from a boiling pot of water. Bring the water to a gentle boil, and carefully lean over it to breathe in the steam. Ensure you don’t burn yourself
3. When you have a stuffy nose you become dehydrated, you need to stay hydrated.
Drink plenty of fluid as this will thin out any mucus in your nose, making it easier to expel. Some people prefer to take warm fluid when they are congested, which is preferable.
4. Rest in an upward position, if you find that the congestion gets worse when you lie down, try to elevate your head a little bit by putting an extra pillow beneath your head
5. If your sinuses are congested, consider eating spicy food, the type that is slightly spicier than you usually enjoy.
And try to drink plenty of water as you eat, this will keep your nose running just blow out as much mucus as you can.
6. Applying a moist but warm compress on your face. It is important, that the compress is over the mouth, nose and eyes. You can try it as many times as possible
The hot or warm moisture coming from the compress will dilate blood vessels in the nasal lining, this will help in decongesting cavities in the sinus hence easy breathing.
It is also recommended to stop using your nose to breath, this is ideal for extreme cases where the nose linings are swollen. You can use your mouth instead.
When the above home remedies are not working, it is advised that a patient seek alternative medication, on various ways of getting rid of runny nose according to doctors.
This is because there might be an infection-like bacteria causing the nasal lining to swell and get inflamed