Goods worth millions of naira have been destroyed after fire razed a building at the popular Surulere mechanic village to the ground yesterday
A domestic gas cylinder explosion, which resulted in a fire outbreak, around Census market in Babs Animashaun, Surulere, Lagos, has destroyed goods and properties worth millions of naira.
According to reports, the fire started after the explosion hit a building around the market on Thursday.
“This is at Surulere around Babs Animashun area. It was a gas explosion which started right inside a house, cars have been burnt because there is a mechanic shop very close to the building. Calls have been made to the fire service 112, this is an emergency situation,” an eyewitness, who reported the incident at the time, wrote on social media.
Officials of the Fire Service were said to have reported at the scene of the incident shortly after to put out the fire.
There are no reports of casualty in the fire outbreak which burnt down cars and buildings.