Many in Nguru town, Yobe State, have bemoaned their losses, as properties worth millions were destroyed in a fire outbreak that razed 11 shops in the community recently.
According to reports, the fire started around a few minutes past 10 pm on Friday, August 23, following an electrical fault after business operators in the vicinity had already closed their stores, ended all their transactions and retired to their respective homes.
The shops affected were said to be in the grains section of the market and a store where electrical gadgets were being repaired.
On Saturday, a resident of the town, Usman Bako, spoke to a news outlet confirming the incident.
“Yes, there was a fire incident at Nguru market yesterday around 9:50 pm.
“It was widely reported that the fire outbreak was caused by an electrical fault and the shops involved were from grains section of the market and a side where electrical appliances are repaired,” he stated.
Usman Bako added that, although no lives were lost during the inferno, many people were affected by the thick smoke from the fire, including his own brother.