Guava popularly called the ‘superfruit’ is a tropical fruit rich in nutrition, with its unique flavor, taste, and health-promoting qualities.
Guavas usually thrive in both humid and dry climates and can tolerate brief periods of cold spells, but can survive only a few degrees of frost.
Health benefits of guava fruits include:
1. Guava fruit is an excellent source of antioxidant Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and flavonoids like beta-carotene, lycopene, and lutein.
Guava is known to have antioxidant properties and are essential for maintaining healthy mucus membranes and skin.
2. Guava is low in calories and fats but contains vital minerals, antioxidant, and flavonoid compounds that play a major role in the prevention of cancers, anti-aging, and immune booster.
3. Studies suggest that lycopene in pink guavas prevents skin damage from UV rays and other offers protection from prostate cancer.
4. Regular consumption of fruits rich in vitamin C helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge cancer-causing harmful free radicals from the body.
5. Guava is a rich source of potassium, it contains more potassium than other fruits like banana. Potassium is an important element of cell and body fluids, this helps control heart rate and blood pressure.
6. Guava is a great fruit and an excellent source of Vitamins, and a nice tropical alternative to orange or grapefruit.
Try creating a fruit salad using this exotic fruits, or use a juice extractor to make fresh guava juice.