There are some kitchen tricks most women don’t know about, but not to worry have got few of them and am sure you will find them useful
1. If you happen to over-salt a pot of soup, not to worry, just drop in a peeled potato. The potato will absorb
the excess salt.
2. When boiling eggs, add a pinch of salt, this will stop the shells from cracking.
3. Don’t put Oranges, Lemons, limes and tomatoes in the fridge. The reason is that the low temperatures degrade the aroma and flavour of these fruits. (That’s why our tomatoes don’t last in the fridge)
4. To clean a pressing iron don’t use detergents, just scrub them with salt and a clean dry paper towel.
5. When storing empty airtight containers, put salt to keep them from smelling.
6. If you accidentally burn your gravy(stew) just pour it into a clean pan and continue cooking it. Also, put sugar a little at a time, and taste as you go to avoid ‘over-sugaring’ it. The sugar will cancel out the burned taste.
7. If you Burn a pot of rice, just place a piece of bread on top of the rice for 10 minutes to draw out the burned flavour.
Ensure you don’t scrape the burned pieces off the bottom of the pan when serving the rice.
8. If you want to chop fresh red pepper, before you start, rub a little vegetable oil into your hands, and your skin won’t absorb the burning spice.
9. If you want to be sure how fresh your eggs are, place them in about four inches of water. Eggs that stay at the bottom are fresh, but if it floats, that means the egg is not fresh and should be used immediately.
10. If you want to stop ants from the kitchen, find the hole they enter from and cover the hole with petroleum jelly(Vaseline). They won’t move through the jelly.
However, if they are coming under a door, draw a line on the floor with chalk, the bugs also won’t cross a line of chalk.