Here are some kitchen tips every woman must know, and also some ingredients you should have at home.
1. Always separate your bananas from other fruits, because bananas release gas which causes fruits to ripen quickly. But if you separate them it will keep them fresh.
2. If you want to keep potatoes from budding in the bag, put an apple in with them.
3.if you wondering how to store your left-over wine, all you need to do is freeze it in ice cube trays, white wine can also be used to preserve a sauce.
4. You can use water from boiled pasta or potatoes to water your houseplant, just let it cool. The water contains nutrients.
5. Did you know you can pour vinegar to defrost meat from the freezer not only does it tenderize the meat it also brings down the freezing temperature of the meat?
6. Onion makes everybody cry while peeling it, so after peeling your onion, refrigerate it for at least 5 minutes then dice it.
7. If your aluminium is looking dull, just boil some Apple peels in them. It will brighten the aluminium.
8. Is your salt becoming lumpy? Not to worry, just put a few grains of rice in it, it will absorb excess moisture.
9. Always keep an aloe vera plant in your kitchen, when you scrape your arm or burn your finger. All you need to do is cut a leaf and rub the Aloe Vera gel on the injury.
10. If you make a soup that ends up too fatty or greasy, drop an ice cube in it, it will crystalize the fat, which you can then scoop out.
11. To reuse cooking oil without tasting whatever was cooked in the oil previously, cook a 1/4″ piece of ginger in the oil. It will remove any remaining flavors and odors.
12. If your milk always goes bad before you can finish it, try adding a pinch of salt to the carton when you first open it. It will stay fresh days longer.
13. Does your drinking glasses become stuck together after stacking? Well, it’s not impossible to unstick them. Put ice in the inner one and dunk the outer glass in warm water.
It will make the warm glass expand and the cold glass will contract, making the glasses separate easily.
14. For splinters under the fingernail, soak the affected finger in a bowl of milk with a piece of bread in it, it will help.