Your liver is a vital detoxification organ, once your stomach and intestines have done the job of crushing your food into mulch, the nutrients from that food are sucked out and sent to the liver for filtering.
Anything you consume impacts your liver, so it’s important to make sure you aren’t overloading this organ with food or drinks that can damage it.
Be careful of food high in fat or toxins they can cause problems for your liver.
1. Drinking too much of alcohol can cause a big problem, this is because alcohol can cause a buildup of a toxic enzyme called acetaldehyde. With just a few drinks in your system, the liver is able to flush out that enzyme and it doesn’t cause many problems.
However, when the liver is overloaded with alcohol, it can lead to alcohol poisoning. Drinking too much can damage the liver with toxins and as a result, the liver cannot filter out fats.
2. Red meat is high in iron, which the body has no way to dispose of. Is your diet is high in iron? Well, be careful it can lead to a toxic build up and damage your liver.
Do you know red meat is also saturated in fat? So a diet with too much red meat can cause a fatty buildup in the liver
3. Fried food and other high-fat food can cause nonalcoholic fatty liver, so it’s best to avoid them
Excess fat can cause swelling and scarring, thus permanently damaging the liver’s ability to filter nutrients.
4. It is better to cut down on unnatural sugar, other causes of the non-alcoholic fatty liver include a high carbohydrate load. As we all know, sugar triggers a process in the body called lipogenesis, which produces extra fat.
5. Consuming food that has high salt content is dangerous to your health and can cause scarring to your liver. Salt increases blood pressure, and it can harm other parts of your body, including the liver. Antioxidants like vitamin C can help to decrease that damage.
Please avoid food high in sodium, as well as try adding new nutritious meals to your diet. Try eating foods high in vitamin C, such as bell peppers strawberries, and kale.
Also, read: How to get rid of dark knuckles