They are lots of bad habits we do out if ignorance that is bad for our teeth.
Note that a shooting or sharp pain while eating or drinking is a sign of a much greater problem such as a cracked tooth or advanced decay
Read the things you do that are bad for your teeth.
1. Chewing Pencils And Pens is a nervous habit that you need to stop for the sake of your oral health.
This can cause stress fractures to your teeth.
So when you are stress, look for something else to munch on
A healthy snack maybe, but not a pencil or pen
2. It is always tempting to use your teeth to rip things open, rip price tags, and so on.
But trust me you’re putting your teeth at risk. You may even chip your teeth while doing this.
It’s better to use scissors for all of these tasks instead.
3. I am also guilty of this crime( chewing on ice) there are a number of habits that dentists wish you’d change when it comes to taking care of your teeth.
it can chip away at fragile tooth enamel.
It can also crack teeth that are already weakened from restoration work.
Also, know that a cracked tooth may lead to an exposed tooth nerve that might even lead to a root canal.
4. Another habit is putting your teeth through hot and cold food.
It risky when pairing a hot snack with a cold drink, It seems like a great idea but that can also set your teeth up for trouble.
The hot temperature can expand your tooth enamel and the cold temp contracts it.
Eating hot and cold foods won’t damage teeth perse but, many people will notice exaggerated sensitivity with such combination.
*Some drinks can stick to your teeth and erode enamel and this list of drinks includes sports drinks, sodas, and wine.
As a matter of fact, wine tasters are known to have incredibly eroded teeth because of the high levels of acidity in the wine.
5. Using over whitening and bleaching paste can lead to enamel loss and therefore prompt permanent tooth sensitivity.
To avoid this, try the product first and then if it doesn’t cause sensitivity.
Follow the directions exactly as written.
Also read: How to maintain bleached teeth