Baking soda also called sodium bicarbonate is widely used for baking and cooking.
Baking soda has a lot of additional household uses and health benefits.
1. Baking soda is good for exfoliating your skin, it helps to remove blackheads and reduces the production of oil. Rub it gently and scrub away dead skin cells.
2. Adding a little baking soda to your toothpaste can help with teeth whitening. Instead of using chemicals to whiten your teeth.
3. Baking soda is an important ingredient in many homemade natural face masks. There are different types of masks you can create with it.
* To remove dark circles under your eyes mix with chamomile tea, and place underneath your eye, let it stay for 15 minutes
* For a brightening mask, mix baking soda with grapefruit juice and olive oil, leave it on your face for 15 minutes, rinse, and moisturize, your face will appear brighter.
* It is also a blackhead removal mask, mix it with lemon juice, the homemade mask will harden on your skin. Once it has hardened, rinse it off with cold water to help get rid of blackheads.
* It can be used to treat acne combine the baking soda with honey creates a mask that helps treat and prevent acne.
Other Benefits of Baking Soda are:
1. For a smooth and soft skin, soak in a hot bath with one cup of baking soda. Will make your skin soft and smooth when you get out.
2. You can use it to exfoliate your feet, fill a bucket with hot water and sprinkle soda in the water.
Soak your feet in it until the water is no longer hot and then get more bicarbonate of soda to scrub your feet with. This will remove the dead skin.
3. It can be used as a dry shampoo, just a pinch, you can rub it on your scalp to absorb extra oil.
4. Add volume to your hair by putting a couple tablespoons of it into your normal shampoo, your hair could have added volume.
5. Instead of a typical deodorant, you can dab a paste made from baking soda and water on your underarms.
This neutralizes sweaty underarms, preventing the body odour.
6. You can use it to clean your hair brushes and combs. This is because residue builds up at the base of the bristles.
This residue can be cleaned out of your brush by soaking brushes and combs in warm water mixed with baking soda.
7. One of many baking soda benefits is that it can soothe all aspects of a razor burn.
Mix it with water, apply it to the rash area, let it dry, and then rinse it off.
8. It can be used as a fingernail scrub, Instead of clipping cuticles or pushing them back, using it in a mixture with water and a nail brush can have a healthier outcome. Just scrub gently in a circular motion.
9. To get soft lips and make them look pink, combine it with honey and rub it on your lips
You can get rid of dead skin cells, it will also add moisture, get rid of impurities and make the natural pink colour return.
10. To get rid of dark spots on your elbow and knees. Mix it with potato juice and rub it onto knees and elbows.
Both ingredients have bleaching properties, so they can get rid of the discoloured spots.
11. To remove ingrown hairs, make a paste by mixing it with water. Apply it to the area and gently massage, this loosens the hair, making removal with tweezers easier.
12. To shrink your pores, after creating a paste, gently massage onto your face. Not only does it clean your face, but it also shrinks your pores.
13. it helps to fade moles, you have to combine it with Epsom salt, hydrogen peroxide, boiling water, and vinegar. Then put the mixture on your moles for around 20 minutes.
You will have to repeat this process two times every day until the moles fade.
14. It removes facial hair, combine it with boiling water, and then wet cotton pieces. Place the wet cotton pieces on your face, leave it on overnight, and remove in the morning.
Rinse your face and apply moisturizer to prevent the area from drying out. Repeat this process until you are satisfied
15. It reduces dandruff by massaging it into your wet scalp, it exfoliates the skin. After exfoliating, rinse the dead skin out of your hair.
Not only does it remove dead skin, but it also unclogs hair follicles, which is usually the reason for dandruff.
16. If you mix it with vinegar, the mixture kills the foot fungus and stops it from reforming and it can be cured and prevented.
17. It can remove chlorine, which causes build-up or discolouration of your hair, and creating a mixture with dish soap can help get rid of the problems.
A conditioner is necessary afterward, as it can dry your hair out.