Plantain chips are made with fried plantain or fried banana, depending on what you want to use. Both can be used as long as they are unripe
Green plantains/ banana
Sunflower or peanut oil for frying
Galic clove ( optional)
1. Peel the green bananas or green plantain.
2. Slice the plantain or banana to any shape you like, either lengthwise, full-length, half-length, or slice them round
3. Pour enough oil in the frying pan, enough to fully cover the banana or plantain.
4. Heat the oil in a pan or fryer, and make sure it is hot before you start frying.
5. Add the plantain to the hot oil, be careful not to overcrowd it, to keep them from sticking together
6. Fry until the chips become a golden colour.
7. Afterward, remove the chips from the oil and drain on a paper towel or a sieve
8. Sprinkle with salt and serve either warm or cold