5 Surprising Health Benefits of African Star Apple
African Star Apple aka Agbalumo is a fruit that is indigenous to African countries like Nigeria.
It contains a lot of nutrients and is used in treating high blood pressure, digestive issues, fever, and diarrhea.
Agbalumo also helps in the prevention of mouth gum diseases. Check out other health benefits below.
* African star apple is a good choice for expectant mothers. The acidic taste of Agbalumo helps control spitting and vomiting in pregnant women.
* African star is rich in vitamin C, which protects the body from immune system deficiencies, prenatal health problems, cardiovascular disease, skin wrinkling and also eye disease.
* It is also helpful in maintaining the health of your gum or preventing gum disease
* It helps with weight loss. Studies have shown that a serving of Agbalumo contains just 67 calories, and this makes it a good option for people with weight issues.
* Agbalumo serves as a natural antioxidant that protects the body’s system from damage caused by free radicals. These are unstable molecules that are produced in your cells during metabolism
The production of free radicals increases in response to injury and stress. It is necessary to consume fruits and drinks like African star that can neutralize these free radicals.