The couple of the moment, Teddy A and Bambam, traditionally tied the knot on Saturday, the 7th of September, in Bambam's home town, Ilaro, Ogun State. The duo met and fell in love on Big Brother Naija Season 3 (Double Wahala).
Here are some of the things about the ceremony not on social media:
- The rather quaint ceremony was held in BamBam’s family home in Ilaro Ogun State, further buttressing the fact she is an average middle class girl who was thrust into stardom unexpectedly. She is from a middle class family with a strong religious background. I guess you did not know she is the daughter of a professor.
- The traditional wedding ceremony was practically over before the photos surfaced online. This is because it was kept strictly as a family affair and attendees were expressly banned from uploading photos as the marriage rites were going on.
- The reception was held at another location, although quaint, it was colourfully decorated and strictly by invitation.
- The wedding ceremony wasn’t as star studded as you would expect. This is because the couple opted to keep it quiet. However, former Big Brother housemates attended the ceremony and showed the couple support.
Former Big Brother Naija housemates who attended were: CeeC, Nina, Leo, Lolu, Anto, Rico Swavey, Dee One.
- The newly married couple were fashionably late to their own ceremony and kept guests waiting a long time for their grand entrance.
- The apparent secrecy of the ceremony further fueled speculations that BamBam may be carrying miniature BamTeddy, Although we craned our necks to catch a glimpse of the illusive baby bump.
- The bride was styled by fashion icon Mimi Yina aka Medlinboss.
- Fans of the duo showed their support by contributing in some small way to the ceremony.
We wish BamTeddy happy married life.