Xenophobia: Federal Government to evacuate 319 Nigerians from South Africa on Tuesday.
Nigerians numbering about 319 are expected to leave South Africa on Tuesday.
According to reports, arrangements have been made to evacuate the remaining helpless Nigerians who want to return home after several attacks from South Africans.
No fewer than 187 Nigerians were evacuated last week Wednesday, courtesy of Air Peace Airlines with the support of the Federal Government.
The 187 evacuees were the first batch of the 640 Nigerians who registered for evacuation following the xenophobic attacks.
They arrived at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, at 9:34 pm on Wednesday.
Detailing the latest development, the Chairman, Nigerians in the Diaspora Commission, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, on Sunday said preparation was ongoing to airlift other Nigerians from South Africa.
She noted that necessary travel documents would be given to the returnees to avoid hindrances at the immigration point.
“We are still looking at 319. We have 319 registered for the next flight, but the list is still being updated.
“For the flight, we are looking at Tuesday or Wednesday so that proper documentation would be done.
“We don’t want a situation where the plane will return half-empty with few passengers,” Dabiri said.