Quilox Boss And House Of Reps Member, Shina Peller, Released On Bail
Shina Peller

Quilox Boss And House Of Reps Member, Shina Peller, Released On Bail

Felix Egbomuche

Felix Egbomuche

Quilox Night Club boss and member of the House of Representatives, Shina Peller, has been released on bail after spending hours in police custody.

The lawmaker was arrested in the early hours of Sunday and was detained at Maroko Police Station in Lagos.

Peller was nabbed by the police when he went to secure the release of some persons, who had visited his nightclub to unwind over the weekend during a special annual show.

According to reports, his offence was not disclosed to him at the time of his arrest while his phones were also seized.

But in a statement by the Lagos State Police Spokesman, Bala Elkana, it was revealed that the popular club owner was detained and arrested for mobilising thugs to invade a police station after the vehicles of some of his club’s customers were towed for obstructing the free flow of traffic in the state.

“The honourable is the owner of that club and his customers are fond of parking on the road and blocking the road. If you want to pass that place, you will have tough times," a statement by Elkana read.

“Up till 9 am, the club was still on. They refused to remove their vehicles and Lagosians were seriously disturbed. Even Mr Governor was affected this morning. He had to manoeuvre his way through it.

“This man had been talked to many times, but he refused to listen. This morning, our patrol vehicles towed three vehicles out of that place so that people could pass.

“This honourable mobilised over 50 thugs to attack Maroko Police Station to move those vehicles out. We had to send reinforcement from neighbouring stations before they were able to curtail the situation. That was how he was arrested with five of the thugs, while others escaped. We had to exercise a lot of restraints.”

However, one of the aides of the House of Reps member, Shina Popoola, has confirmed his release on bail after the case was transferred to the state’s Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba, following the directives of the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, CP Hakeem Odumosu.

Happenings Media