The renowned Fuji Legend, Wasiu Ayinde, popularly known as K1 De Ultimate, was widely celebrated by the entire country as he clocked 63 on 3rd March.
K1 is a popular brand of the Fuji genre based on the works of Ayinde Barrister who is the Fuji Creator.
We have compiled a list of the things you need to know about the Fuji Maestro to celebrate him.
1. K1 discovered his interest in music when he was 8 years old.
2. He was born in Lagos Island but he is an indigene of Ogun State. His Father hails from Ijebu Ode while his mother is from Ilupeju in Ondo State. He is also from a polygamous family.
3. K1 De Ultimate began his global tour between North America and Europe in the year 1986 and performed at Hammersmith town hall London in 1987.
4. He was installed by the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, as the first Mayegun of Yorubaland on thr 13th, January 2020.
5. He released ‘Abode Mecca’ which was his first solo album in 1979 and then released his most successful album ‘Talazo 84’ which became a hit.
6. KWAM 1 is known to have many wives with over 35 children from different women.
7. The Fuji Legend tied the knot with his long-time partner Fathia Opeyemi in 2018 on his 61st birthday. He also lost one of his daughters in late 2017.
8. Known for a well-known lyrics in one of his songs ‘Bobo no go die unless toba di Arugbo’. He is still full of life with scintillating performance and achievement at 63.