Nigeria Labour Congress will today hold a nationwide protest for the review of the national minimum wage from N18,000 to N30,000.
In a statement released on Monday, NLC said workers should disregard the rumored nationwide strike noting that it is just a mere mobilization for the minimum wage.
The General Secretary, Dr. Peter Ozo Ezon in the statement said there would be no strike for now.
“It has come to our attention that some section of the media has misinterpreted our action in reaction to the delay of the national minimum wage.”
“We will only protest to accelerate the passage of the new national minimum wage bill”, Dr. Peter added.
Recall last year there was proposed NLC strike action.
The negotiations between the federal government and NLC had met a brick wall.
Labour had settled for N30,000, Federal government proposed N24, 000, while the state governors only agreed to pay N22,500.
It was on this premise that NLC was adamant about going ahead with the strike action.
A marathon meeting between NLC and the committee led by Ama Pepple, former Head of Service, later aided the call off.
And all the parties involved eventually satisfied with the new resolution of N30.000.