Middle age is the period of age beyond young adulthood but before the onset of old age. Various attempts have been made to define this age, which is around the third quarter of the average life span of human beings. Well I believe middle age is no longer a numerical milestone, but a state of mind. Some people, at 50, feel younger than they did at 35. Or maybe they don’t. Others, at 60, may be a lot more active than they were at 45. Or maybe they aren’t. The point is, everyone is different. It’s a shift that’s so slow, so incremental, that we don’t even notice it on a day to day basis. But we start at one end and end up at the other. It doesn’t happen overnight. Below are some signs you’ve hit middle age.
1. Reading on your phone becomes difficult because the font is suddenly too tiny and blurry.
2. Hair starts appearing everywhere — on your nose, face, ears.
3. You go to bed by 8 p.m. and fall asleep by 9 p.m.
4. You start worrying a lot about your looks.
5. You experience body aches and pains.
6. You are obsessed with your health.
7. You begin looking over the top of your glasses.
8. You start enjoying naps more than ever.
9. You start sounding and acting like your mother or father.
10. You realise there really are two sides to every story.
11. You find yourself saying “what?” and “huh?” all the time.
12. You find it a lot harder to lose weight. A whole lot harder.
13. You no longer worry about what other people think of you… you feel comfortable in your own skin.
14. Music videos and TV shows suddenly look extremely racy.
15. You don’t know any of the songs playing on the radio.
16. Everything on your body seems to be heading south.
17. You groan every time you bend over.
18. You have no idea what “young people” are talking about.
19. You misplace your keys and just about everything else too.
20. You think a blog is a weather condition.
21. You would rather do without sex.
22. You begin to talk about..”In my days…”
24. You’re more careful about what to eat.
Can you think of any other signs you’ve observed or experienced? Please share.