One of the world’s greatest boxers of all time Muhammad Ali has passed on.
The legend died on Friday, June 3, 2016, aged 74 after he was hospitalised June 2 with respiratory issues that were complicated by his Parkinson’s disease.
Muhammad Ali in the course of his 25 year career as a boxer won countless matches and Olympic medals and only lost five times until he retired in 1981.
Widely known for his quick skills and moves inside the ring, he was also known for his many inspiring, sometimes hilarious quotes he said throughout his life. One very popular quote – “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee”.
Celebrating his life we take a look at 10 memorable quotes from Mohammed Ali.
1. “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. His hands can’t hit what his eyes can’t see. Now you see me, now you don’t. George thinks he will, but I know he won’t.
2. “I’m young; I’m handsome; I’m fast. I can’t possibly be beat.”
3. “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.”
6. “I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.”
7. “I’m so mean, I make medicine sick.”
8. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
9. “It’s just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.”
10.”I’m No 1. After me, it don’t matter.”