Egusi soup is eaten by all tribes and can be cooked in different ways. We will be discussing one of such ways.
Egusi soup is thickened with ground Egusi seeds. Besides the seeds, water, and oil, Egusi soup typically contains leaf vegetables, vegetable seasonings, and meat.
1. Heat the palm oil, clean your stockfish and boil in another pot with onions till soft.
2. Add the meat to it and allow it to boil for 30 minutes, then add onion, pepper, seasoning, ground melon, crayfish to the oil and allow them to steam for about one minute.
3. Pour the cooked ingredients into the fried ones and allow to boil for about 10 minutes.
4. Add ( ugu) your pumpkin leave and water to it, then add your salt to taste
5. Allow everything cook for 5 minutes, and your Egusi is ready
6. You can serve Egusi soup with Eba, Semo, Amala or rice