Do you have a morning routine? When you wake up, what exactly do you do to help start your day? Did you know that having a healthy morning routine can help boost your creativity and output for the day?
Having a morning routine is as important as exercising and being fit. This may include stretching, meditating for a few minutes, exercising, organizing your thoughts while having a warm cup of herbal tea. Whatever you decide to do and stick with consistently becomes a routine.
The need to drink at least a glass of tea every day before you start your day cannot be overemphasized. There are over a thousand home remedies for making a fabulous healthy tea to get your day moving. One way you could spice up your morning routine is by drinking a warm glass of ginger water.
Ginger is a medicinal root commonly known as a spice loaded with minerals which include copper, magnesium, potassium, manganese. Ginger water is made by boiling fresh ginger root in water, after which you drain the liquid out into a glass. Honey or lemon juice could be added for taste if you please.
BENEFITS OF GINGER WATER:
1. Ginger water regulates the blood sugar levels. It controls the urge to eat and thus helps in weight loss.
2. Ginger water contains antioxidants and vitamins. It has antibacterial properties that help in treating the body and skin, thus giving it a healthy, beautiful glow.
3. Ginger root contains zinc which helps in the secretion of insulin. Ginger water helps reduce the risk of kidney damage.
4. Ginger water aids in digestion and helps prevent nausea and heartburn.
5. Ginger water has anti-flammatory properties which can balance the blood vessels, thus helping in pain relief.
6. Ginger water helps in lowering cholesterol. Due to its anti-flammatory properties, it is effective in reducing joint pains, muscle pains, especially after an intense workout.
While drinking ginger water has the above benefits and more, drinking it excessively however can cause some damage to your body. It is advisable that you drink in little quantities; half glass of ginger water. One possible side effect of consuming too much ginger water is heartburn or stomach ache. Ginger helps lower blood pressure, so it might cause you to feel light-headed. It is recommended to consume only four grams of ginger a day so as not to experience these side effects.