A wedding proposal can be an elaborate yet emotional affair done in front of thousands of fans at a concert. It can also be a small, intimate, emotional experience played out in your bedroom or living room in front of your pets.
The point is for two people to make a promise to each other. Whether you get engaged on a beach in the Maldives or at the ring store where she can pick her ring herself, a proposal is always about two people.
If you take out the add-on’s, proposals are quite simple. One person asks another person a question. The second person responds, and boom, you have proposed! But the add-on’s, the thought put into planning the proposal and the surprise element added, even though you have discussed it countless times, can be everything.
If you are currently contemplating proposal ideas, whether to do a simple proposal, elaborate proposal or a surprise proposal, the best option is to do you. But if you are not sure what to do, here are proposal ideas to help you.
- Classic proposal: The classics never fail. Get down on one knee and ask away.
- Proposal on birthdays or anniversaries: This is a gift that will beat all gifts.
- Slip the ring on their finger before they wake up.
- Propose on Valentine’s Day and seal cupid’s work with a wedding ring at dinner.
- Go to your favourite spot and make the best memory in “Your” spot.
- Gather their favourite people in one place and make them carry a signboard with “will you marry me” on it.
- Topping: Order something to eat and use the ring as a topping.
- Propose on a plane; thousands of miles in the air, while others are sleeping, hold your partner’s hands and ask the question. This way, they have no place to run.
- Recreate your first date and end it with a proposal.
- Airport proposals are the cutest. Propose to your lover before you separate or before you reunite.
- Rent a theatre for a personal viewing experience and let pictures of both of you play while you go on one knee.
- Arrange to let them get the bouquet at a wedding and then propose.
- Send her a legal document with your last name on it and an added note on the bottom asking her to make it official.
- Take them on a vacation and propose at one of the beautiful spots.
- Leave a trail of cute and personal notes every day for six days, and on the 7th day, leave only one note asking them to marry you. Come out with the ring when you are sure they have seen the note.
- Propose at your partner’s favourite concert.
- Propose at the beach.
- Go hiking or go on a hot air balloon and propose at the highest point.
- Propose while fireworks go off behind.
- Get a professional to plan a proposal for you.
Before you pop the question, always ensure you and your partner are on the same page to make that commitment and enjoy the joy of a successful proposal.