Homepage - Online Entertainment and Lifestyle Magazine in Nigeria
www.happenings.com.ng
Dangote
Dangote
News

NNPC Denies Being In Competition With Dangote Refinery

Jayfred Ugo

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation [NNPC], Group Managing Director [GMD], Mallam Mele Kyari, has declared that the National Oil Corporation would not be in any sort of competition with Dangote refinery.

He made this declaration on Wednesday in a meeting with the President of Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, at the NNPC towers where he assured Nigerians that NNPC would be providing support in any capacity, as the Dangote Refinery project would boost the country's refining capacity.

He further explained that, as the NNPC Group Managing Director [GMD], his prime duty is to rally the Industry's biggest players, like Dangote Group, to help Nigeria achieve her dream of becoming a net exporter of petroluem products.

The business tycoon, Dangote, said during the meeting that his business approach makes it possible for the refinery to be collaborators not competitors with NNPC. He also affirmed that being a novice in the oil and gas industry, he would be needing the invaluable expertise of NNPC in the refining business to achieve his firm's objective.

"The most important thing for us is to see how we can partner with NNPC, it is not to see how we can compete with NNPC. We would like NNPC to be part of us and we also want to be part of NNPC. I think that is the only way we can achieve a win-win situation,” he said.

Dangote refinery would dedicate 53 percent of its projected 650,000 refining capacity to the production of petrol and the remaining 47 percent to other petroleum products.