By Mac Izu Nelson
Today, we take a look at the top performing teams and players around the globe. Enjoy!
1. Bayern Munich; Bayern Munich occupy our top spot because the team has had a stellar campaign so far, proving their mettle by leapfrogging RB Leipzig to the summit of the Bundesliga table.
Buoyed by their evergreen striker, Lewandowski and midfield maestro, Tiago Alcantara, Bayern has all it takes to challenge on all fronts this season.
With 17.5 shots per game, and with 65% possession, Bayern continues to be the most efficient team in Europe.
2. AS Roma; Yes, we have rated Roma ahead of teams like Madrid et al and that just goes to show what they are achieving this season. Spalletti has put together an electric, counter attacking team which stands just a point below Juventus in the standings, having played a game more. A real charge for the title would not be a surprise, either. Their season so far has beaten all expectations.
3. Barcelona; One of a pair of traditional challenges for the La Liga crown, Barcelona has gotten even more exciting in recent times.
With 62.3% average possession so far this season, Barcelona has not totally abandoned the tiki taka style of play which the team became so famous for.
But the added thrill comes in the fact that with a striker like Luis Suarez and an explosive winger like Neymar, there is more directness to their play.
4. Real Madrid; Madrid’s shaky form of late means the team finds itself in 4th place. The game against Malaga turned out to be nail biting stuff, as Madrid once again needed the services of skipper, Sergio Ramos to bail them out and maintain their position at the top of the table.
The fluidity and resilience which characterized the first half of their season has not been seen so far and they would need a certain Christiano Ronaldo to rediscover his scoring form, soon.
5. Monaco; After 21 games in the French League, table toppers Monaco lead the scoring chats with 64 goals.
The team has also conceded just 24 times meaning it has a better goal difference than all the other teams in the league.
Traditional runaway winners, PSG, languish in 3rd place behind Nice.
The resurgent Radamel Falcao has been instrumental to Monaco’s upturn of fortunes with his 12 goals and 2 assists.
Funny that a Premier League castaway would be corsair in the French League, leading his fleet to the top of the table.